Riding the motorcycle can be the most addicting and liberating thing in the world, as it offers the open road coupled with the lack of restrictions which makes the whole experience beautiful. The only problem that the riders face is the lack of any sound other than that of the engine. This is where the special motorcycle helmet speakers come into play. These speakers fit snugly into the helmet and let you listen to your favorite beats or artists while you ride.
How technology affected the speakers
Over the changing times, technology has revolutionized itself into creating different sound producing gadgets to make it simpler for the rider or anyone with a vehicle. Initially, there were very few options for the motorcycle riders such as huge speakers that are supposed to be attached to the handlebars, but the sound always got obstructed by the whirring sound of the engine. Things got better when the iPod and the Mp3 players were invented which allowed the users to use headphones. This was followed by the noise cancellation headphones and the headphones specially designed for helmet users that are flatter, more comfortable to use for longer periods of time.
Detached Speakers – These can either be speakers designed for the helmet or can be normal headphones of your mp3 players and iPod. They need to be secured in the ear and made tight using the helmet, so that it does not move.
Inbuilt Speakers – These speakers come attached to the helmet and cannot be used as a freestanding speaker. They are much more comfortable for long durations and are either glued or attached using a Velcro within the helmet.
Before you finalize on a choice, make sure you study every facet of the speaker. Some of the main characteristics to look out for before purchasing are:
- Design – This is the most important aspect of the headphones. The design of it should be perfect enough so it fits into your helmet, at the same time does not move while riding. It should have a proper fit in your ear and provide good functionality and equal amounts of comfort. While you purchase, think about the thickness of the headphone and the size of your helmet. Today you can buy helmets that come with inbuilt speakers, so you need not purchase a separate one.
- Brand – Today there are hordes of brands that offer their own specific designs and features. The only thing to keep in mind is the pricing. Go for the quality and not only the brand factor. The price also varies with the models i.e. if you go for built-in speakers in the helmet, it will cost you a small fortune, while a good quality individual speaker will come for far less in the market.
- Sound – This is an obvious factor that you need to look out for. Make sure you test the speakers before you purchase them. If you are unable to take it for a test drive, then check out with other riders and their experiences with a particular brand or model.
These speakers are already attached to the helmet.
- Excellent sound quality.
- Fits in perfectly and does not move.
- Allows Bluetooth connectivity to any other device.
- Very expensive.
- May not last very long.
Separate helmet speakers
They are specially created helmet speaker that are free standing i.e. not attached to the helmet so needs to be purchased separately.
- Good sound quality.
- Simple and convenient installation process.
- Very reasonably priced and economical.
- Not very thin and can be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time.
- Need to be careful about the exact fit according to helmet.
These provide the best of both kinds of speakers and allow proper installation into the helmet.
- Many designs and options to choose from.
- Most speakers have bass options which can contribute to a good hearing experience.
- Most modern and innovative.
- Sound quality may vary with models.
- Installation process is complicated.
These are the ones to be noted.
Recommendation #5: LEXIN Aluminum Bullet Shape Motorcycle Audio Stereo Amplifier Speaker
LEXIN Aluminum Bullet Shape Motorcycle Audio Stereo Amplifier Speaker gives an excellent touch to the bike with an inbuilt Bluetooth A2DP stereo system (wireless) which has 80 mph as its maximum speed. This device is very easy to install as either it can be paired or plugged into play. The material with which this device made up of is Metal. The design of this device seems to be of bullet structured metallic material with Voice Coil Impedance of 4 Ohm. This model of Amplifier Speaker comes along with its package includes
- It has two best helmet speakers, Screws and Metal Mounts.
- A 10A Power Cord, AUX-IN cable, Screw Driver and Dual USB Charging Cable is also available with this device.
- Also it has 8 Zip Tie and Pushing Parts to fit in this device.
Features and Benefits
Here let’s lookout the features of this magnificent device which are,
- The Mobile Phone’s speaker controls the Wireless remote within 30 feet distance (i.e) 10 meter of a range.
- This device has a built-in Loudspeakers with which the Loudspeaker is of type coaxial hi-fi mid-range strong and powerful 3’’ speaker.
- This device is also equipped with Built-in 2 channel amplifier, which consists of maximum 800 Watts as its power output.
- There is also another option called AUX-IN plug port of 3.5 mm which can be used with devices which does not equipped with Bluetooth option such as CD player, iPod, etc.
- For controlling the volume, pairing with the Bluetooth and for play, pause option, this device is designed with Jog dial on the speaker in order to change the settings of the device.
- There is an USB port available, and can be used either for mobile phones, Bluetooth headsets, with GPS, and with any DC 5V device.
- The maximum input power of this device is 400 Watts whereas the Rated Input Power is 50 Watts.
- The color available for this device is chrome and is made up of Metal.
- This device is designed in such a way that it is waterproof, which can be able to handle under all types of weather conditions.
- The frequency response of this device starts from 150 Hertz to 20 Kilohertz.
- Two speakers come with this device one is the Main Unit and another is the Slave Unit Speakers for the users.
- It can be swiveled at around 360-degree angle, which facilitates the users to use this device with utmost comfortable condition.
- This device provides luxury for your motorcycles with inbuilt Bluetooth A2DP stereo system which is wireless of maximum 80 mph speed.
- This device is very easy to install by either plugging in or by pairing thus makes users very comfortable to use this device.
- The weight of this device is 5.8 pounds and the dimension of this product is 14.2 x 10.2 x 4.6 inches so it’s easy for the motorcycle users (who ride motorcycles for street touring purpose) to handle this device.
- Dual USB cable for charging is available with this device which can be used for mobile devices, headsets, etc.
- The motorcycle helmet speakers used here are very much easy to hook up with.
- This device is worth for its money and the cost of this device is very affordable for the users.
- Even under heavy rain conditions, this device seems to be working well as it is a proof that it is waterproof, so works well with any climate conditions.
- Because it is bullet like structured it can be easily fit with the motorcycles to have a stylish look.
Even though this device has come up with lot of advantages there are still some points to be concentrated to enhance the popularity of the device. They are
- There is a sound distortion of less than 5% in this device, which affects the quality of the music to the users.
- There are no such options to adjust the clarity of the music quality (mainly the bass and the treble)
- The Bluetooth feature is randomly getting disconnected and also randomly getting restarted with this device. If once disconnected, users have to take their mobile device and manually select the options which they need.
- The speakers used in this device are likely to drain the battery ever since it is installed.
As this product has multifunctional purposes, it created an impact among the users who prefers a unique and luxury style of driving. They came up with a good and high-end configuration which is also one of the important points to be noted for its popularity. The Waterproof and metallic material is the added credit to this device which comforts users for a safe driving.See Lowest Price Here
BOSS AUDIO MC600B Chrome 800-watt Motorcycle/ATV Sound System with Bluetooth Audio Streaming is the best motorcycle speakers available in the market. The BOSS AUDIO MC600B comes with a Bluetooth Audio Streaming feature to go with your Bluetooth motorcycle helmet speakers. You can hit the trails and roads with the inline Bluetooth multifunctional remote to control and play songs as you like. The two-speaker set comes with a 3 inch weather proof protective coating with AUX input and a multifunctional remote. BOSS AUDIO MC600B is easy to install and is compatible with every bike. Now you can play your favorite songs and playlists with plugging in your MP3 players and smartphones up into the Auxiliary input. This Motorcycle sound system could be the best of your picks.
Features and Benefits
- Weatherproof – The Full range one pair speaker set come with a 3 – inch weather proof protective coating to avoid the dysfunctional errors during rain or excess heat and provide protection against elements.
- Inbuilt communicative Features – The product is provided with a Bluetooth Inline and an 800-watt maximum Power Amplifier compatible with the provided multi-functional remote based on the Bluetooth function to control what you play.
- Bluetooth Streaming Feature – with the inbuilt Bluetooth streaming feature you can stream online all your favorite songs from Spotify and Pandora without any additional plug – ins and hassle.
- Aux Input – comes with a 3 mm Auxiliary input that is perfectly compatible with the audio output of your smartphones and MP3 players to give you the best quality sound
- Speaker specifications – the 80 Hz – 15 KHz frequency response gives you the best sound reach even in Noisy areas and the above 85 dB Sound – to – Noise (SN) ratio gives the lowest noise levels and plays every sound clearly. The total Harmonic Distortion (THD) is less than 0.01 % and keeps even the bass sound loud and clear.
- Accessory Included – BOSS AUDIO MC600B comes with Mounting brackets that can be adjusted to fit handle bars of sizes between the range 0.75” – 1.25” inches. These speakers are perfect for the 12 V Motorcycle, Scooters and All – Terrain Vehicles.
- Warranty – The product is placed under a three-year platinum warranty period for maximum benefits.
- The speakers offer a loud volume sound to give you the best audio quality and an exhilarating experience in listening to music.
- The accessory speaker mounts provided are a firm built with strong mounting brackets and easy to install.
- The high frequency range and SN ratio provides a clean treble sound which can be felt from even at a distance.
- With an amazing sound experience the speakers come with a metallic built body to go with any bike and enhance its look.
- The inbuilt Bluetooth connection is easy to connect and reconnect if using more than one Bluetooth device.
- The wires come with a wiring harness to make the installation process easier and snap easily into the wiring tray.
- The instruction booklet is hard to follow and confusing and provided with very limited instructions.
- No installation videos are available for the device making it hard to figure out which wire goes where.
- Bass sounds are not that great and you may need to install an additional subwoofer to get that vibrational quality bass sounds and the mid bass or mid-range is weak.
- The speaker wires are not large enough and you may need to buy additional wires to install the sound system in bikes like VTX1800 and others.
- When hooked up into the auxiliary with MP3 player or smartphones, the controller cannot be used over Bluetooth.
- When connected with Bluetooth the maximum volume becomes considerably low.
- After a while the sound becomes distorted and volume reduces to half the original sound.
- Chrome coating on the speakers starts to chip after a while around the brackets on the handle bars.
BOSS AUDIO MC600B Chrome 800-watt Motorcycle/ATV Sound System with Bluetooth Audio Streaming is overall an average sound system for motorcycle and gives good sound quality at speeds of 50 – 60 mph. It comes at an affordable price of USD $89.99 but is not completely worth it. With some messing with the equalizer different midst can be obtained for the bass but the volume reduces after a while. Though the Bluetooth remote may not work with Auxiliary input system but the amplifier gives it a plus point. With the overall pros and cons considered we give it a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars and would recommend it for motorcycles with low speeds and all – terrain vehicles.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation#3: Shark Motorcycle Audio 250W 2 Speakers + External Antenna Bluetooth
The Shark Motorcycle Audio has introduced the best motorcycle helmet speakers, which includes a 250W motorcycle amplifier with an FM radio that has been inbuilt with two waterproof speakers, with two fully featured remote controls which have been designed to change the FM signal stations and volume on/off options too. This new system has been provided with wires, and all the accessories to install the hugely lit display to feature and show all the FM channels, and also provide with all the information of the current song being played like album name, singer name, song name, length of song. The amplifier or the radio/ receiver system is provided with a USB, and an SD card slot as an optional preference. The system has been simplified in such a way that the song on uploading to the SD card can be accessed by the system, it also connects to an iPod or any mp3 player using the USB slot.
Features and Benefits
The features which have been included to update the system are:
- The AUX wire has been improved by replacing it with a Bluetooth system built in, even though the scope to use AUX wires has also been provided.
- The system has featured both wired and wireless features, that can be offered with a choice by providing with two remotes to control either of the features.
- The system consists of an external jack, in order to help the external antenna function.
- The antenna which has been placed externally is waterproof.
- The system’s physical configuration is 3.06 x 4.5 x 1.85 (W x L x H in inches)
- The motorcycle audio is provided with a 250W amplifier with a built in FM radio system.
- The audio system has been provided with remote controls, which are designed to change FM channels and the volume variations.
- Wires have also been provided in order to accessorise the system, to be set in both, wireless and wired mode.
- The system has a huge lit display which shows the information of the song being played and also the FM signal channel.
- The amplifier or FM radio or the receiver has been provided with two inlet slots, that is, USB and SD card slots. Using it is as easy as downloading the song and uploading it on the SD card or mp3 and iPod and connecting it to the device.
- The speakers and amplifiers have been made by using waterproof material, in order to protect the product from getting short circuited on contact with water.
- The system is suitable to be set up in motorcycles or scooters of 12V.
- The built in Bluetooth benefit has simplified the whole system of the tangling wires which had made the system a mess.
- The USB and SD card slot makes it technologically more neat and presentable.
- The external antennas as well as the audio system are made up of waterproof material, and hence give protection from getting short circuits on coming in contact with water.
- The working voltage of the amplifying system is 10-16V in DC, under or over which the system would run the risk of not working. The frequency response ranges from 20 Hz to 50 Hz, and the frequency range would extend from 87.5 MHz to 108 MHz.
- A wireless as well as wired system, accompanied by a remote control manages the channel changes which can be verified due to the huge LCD lit screen.
- The audio system comes with a one-year warranty, and hence any damage seen during this time period is covered and servicing is done for free.
- The system is tiny and has the benefits to be mounted anywhere, plus it’s waterproof property secures it from the effects of rain.
- The audio system functions in a certain range of voltage provided by the motorcycle, scooter or yacht, and hence might not function if the voltage between the audio system as well as the automobile does not match.
- A wireless system may eliminate the problems of the cord tangling, but might need frequent charging in order to keep the system powered.
- The wireless system tends to pick up the signals from other radio waves ranging from a similar frequency of 87.5 MHz to 108 MHz, hence can cause channel distortion.
- The wireless system can exhibit bandwidth problems.
- With quality products comes the price of the product. The shark motorcycle audio system is costly.
- Its dimension is a bit of a problem, and hence can show problems too, while carrying it around when riding a bike.
- Since the audio system needs to be set up, lack of a proper manual might cause problems in setting it and running it as well.
This dimensionally proper and perfectly configured amplifier has the perfect size to be mounted on many places as the user might desire. The audio system is waterproof, and hence can be mounted on to a windshield, can be kept in a toolbox or any place of the user’s choice. The Shark Motorcycle helmet speakers demand low power intake, and gifts the user with crystal clear music to enjoy while taking a ride.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #2: Pyle PLMCA90 1200 watts Amplifier with Dual Handle-Bar Mount Weatherproof Speakers
Pyle as we know is the best manufacturer in all the electrical related parts. This time Pyle has brought us a motorcycle helmet speaker so those songs won’t remain unheard on the roads. It’s a treat for the bike riders who crave music to feel the adrenaline rush while riding through towns or through hilly roads for a pleasant drive. These speakers are from the best manufacturer of such sorts so obviously the speakers are the best motorcycle helmet speakers. These speakers are mountable on the bike and then just ride through any town or any suburb or maybe through landscapes, turn it on, adjust the volume and let the music sink in and soothe your soul or maybe an undistorted music played by these speakers could just fuel up an already flaming adrenaline a bit more.
Features and Benefits
- The setting has a power on and power off switch which resides besides your thumbs which makes it easier to control the product and balances the joy of riding with ease without disturbing your movements.
- The product has also got a switch for muting the songs just in case when the riding is more joyous and music shouldn’t disturb those moments while the button lays just aside the grip, what needed is just a small touch of the thumb.
- An option for connecting the music devices such as an iPod or MP3 player is available and it is totally hassle free its uses the plug and play technology. Inserting that 3.5 mm jack in the device does all the work no extra software of extra external connection cables required.
- As the speakers themselves are attachable on handle of the bike they definitely need their holders to hold them back which in most cases foul play the whole look of those chrome handles of most of the bikes but worry not these handle holders are all chrome plated and shine as a diamond, nor do they just shine bright but they also add more glamour those heavy hulk bikes.
- The product absolutely needs power to work, which means an extra battery of specified technicalities but that is not a case here, the product is designed to satisfy its power hunger from your own battery which is hard so it comes with is own power house, rechargeable of course and that too universal 12V (volt) direct plug socket, so even if the bike travels countries on a road tour the music would not stop just because of different power ratings of different countries.
- Such a premium product with so many features calls for mess of wires all around to bike which obviously are no better than a huge stain on a beautiful fabric, that ends with this product. It comes with a complete set of harnesses for its wires which conceals them in and around the bike, so no more stains.
- All the hardware and all other accessories needed to put together the product and make it work at full are made out of stainless steel which resists any kind of rust and keeps the product safe thus an all weatherproof product.
- The four speakers making the most of the product measure 3.25 inches each and have an aluminum die-cast bullet shaped covering which gives the bike more of a retro and an equally classic look.
- The plug and play functions supports a 3.5 mm jack port so it easy to use and no need to buy an extra external wiring mess to fix the thing.
- The product also as an AUX input port which works totally opposite to jack, this provides the range of selection either can be chosen as per the conditions favor.
- An added option of volume control to adjust the loudness of speakers as per the hearing capacities of individuals which relies just next to the handle grip making it way to easy to operate.
- Four speakers drawing a huge power of 300 watts each ensuring that the music gets heard and reaches those music hungry ears which soothe the souls of many.
- Each speaker measures just 3.25 inches which is not too big to steal the show of those beautiful bikes but makes sure it gets the deserved attention, also it enhances the beauty of bikes.
- The speakers are made of neodymium magnets using Kapton voice coils which plays the perfect sound loud enough to be heard undistorted even while driving at a speed of 60 mph or above.
- Each speaker barely weighs half a kilogram which is nothing compared to heavy roaring engines of the bikes.
- It houses a 5V (volt) universal USB charger so that no device gets low on battery and the music doesn’t stop.
- The instruction manual provided is of no help as it is full of technical terms, so while installation just make sure to invite a hardware nerd for a little help which is way much more than it looks.
- Uneasy installation, even with all provided accessories and none requires to be bought separately the installation gets a little out of hand and creates a mess all over.
- The sound is said to be distorted at speed of 80 mph and above thus failing at its said purpose.
- Just one year warranty.
Listening to favorite music just while driving cars, no more. The product is an evolution to the automobile industry and a boon to music lovers and bikers too. It brings music to an open air bike riding overcoming almost all hurdles which kept the bike riders away from music while driving their rides. It is a must buy if the music and biking both are a non detachable part of life.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation#1: Shark SHKAMP5800BT6800 600 watts Bluetooth Motor cycle Marine Audio System W/ 3.5 Speakers + Wired/Wireless Remote + Antenna- Black
The audio system has two speakers and is powered with 600 watts. The Shark Marine Audio System comprises two stereos which can connect to any device with a connection by AUX, Bluetooth, SD, or USB. The speakers are 100% waterproof and are of superior quality with mirror brackets. The product would even work in a swimming pool under water with each speaker powered by 300 watts. The speakers have an approximate dimension of 4 X 3 inches and are composed of rich texture chrome. This device works comfortably with any motorcycle amplifier which makes it one of the best motorcycle helmet speakers.
Features and Benefits
- The Bluetooth is built-in external antenna jack in the motorcycle speaker helmet.
- The slot is 3.5 AUX input supporting either USB or SD
- The screen is wide with Liquid Crystal Display for showing songs.
- The FM works both wired and wireless which makes Shark Audio Speaker the best motorcycle speaker helmet.
- The speaker comes with a provision of a warranty period for a year
- The speaker has two remotes- one wired and one wireless to operate it with.
- Marine grade antenna in external jack allows for lucid and clarified FM reception.
- The maximum power it can withhold is 300W X2ch 600W
- A channel separation of 50 dB is allowed by the speaker.
- The frequency that the speaker responds to is roughly of the range 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
- The speaker has a sensitivity of 150 mV.
- The fuse rating that is ratified for the speaker is 10 A.
- The speaker is conveniently compact for motorcycles and is easily portable and could be carried to any place, anytime.
- The amplifier has a built-in radio system for the biker’s sole entertainment.
- The antenna is built in with the amplifier and there is also another external jack with an antenna.
- The wired and wireless remote allows for smooth changing of the FM channels without any hassles.
- The speaker could be very conveniently connected to a CD player, mp3 player or a built-in 3.5 mm AUX jack in the system.
- The Bluetooth device would allow an efficient connection between the speakers to any available Bluetooth device in the range.
- The SD or USB input areas would ensure that the biker can listen to music with the given provisions anytime and anywhere.
- The LCD Screen makes it easy for the biker to view the song playing on the screen.
- The waterproof motorcycle speakers make it possible to listen to music even underwater or during extremely moist and humid conditions.
- Noise would still come out of the speakers even while being turned off, so the bikers would sometimes have to unplug the system.
- The speaker wires could have been longer to give the best experience to the biker; short wires could be a source of frustration to the biker.
- The speaker performs well without a windshield but only up to a certain limit of 50 MPH.
- The output jacks are RCA and only function for the speakers.
- Only the speakers are waterproof and not the amplifier.
- The speaker does not have much bass in its sound.
- The sound wears off at high speeds and the rider really has to take great pains to receive the sound quality he or she wants.
- The antenna connection sometimes comes undone from the amplifier fixture thus creating additional trouble to the biker.
To sum up, the product indubitably looks like an interesting purchase amongst motorcycle speaker helmets if one wishes to be entertained with music while taking a ride. The cool, funky and jaded blank look of the speakers certainly plays a factor in giving the biker a professional air of suave confidence. Although there have been a few minor blemishes, they could be easily overlooked with the superior quality of sound that the speaker offers at a very reasonable price. The wired and wireless remote systems, provision for Bluetooth installment and the input slots certainly make it convenient to the biker giving him or her, a wide arena of possible options to choose from. In addition to this, the speakers are a 100% waterproof, this means that the biker could still enjoy music during a heavy downpour or even underwater. The clear LCD Screen allows the biker to read whatever song is being played and the remote systems allow for efficient changing of channels while riding. The Audio System is a definite must have for all the riders and bikers who are looking for a fun time during their adventurous rides.See Lowest Price Here
Helmet speakers are a necessity for those who ride motorcycles for long periods of time every day. Riding without any recreation or entertainment can get galling after a while, in which case, helmet speakers become the right solution. There are many options for buying the best motorcycle speakers today, from retail to e-commerce websites. You can get a wide range of speakers with their reviews and exact details and browse for the ones that suit your needs and preference. This also means knowing the exact features you want and making sure you buy a speaker that lasts long and is durable enough in case of rough usage. Always study the pros and cons of every model and design, so that you do not regret your purchase.See Lowest Price Here