Motorcycle helmets are an integral part of a riding gear, that aims to provide a phenomenal riding experience. Considering various aspects of safety, comfort, and style, riding helmets are thoughtfully crafted to meet the specific requirements of every rider. It aims to offer an array of choices depending on the preference of an individual. Designed to suit the intricate needs of sports bikes and cruisers and adventure touring, motorcycle helmets are specially made to ensure maximum comfort, safety, style and significantly contributes to the aesthetics of the riding gear. Equipped with several features and safety measures, the best motorcycle helmets aim to facilitate an extraordinary riding experience and ensure optimum protection from harsh climatic conditions and unexpected events. It is, therefore, pertinent to consider certain preconditioned factors before proceeding to make a purchase decision. A buying guide enables the rider to contemplate on various aspects that govern the perfect purchase of the best helmet.
It is important to invest in the right helmet after thorough consideration and research of prerequisite factors that aim to provide life’s biggest adventures. There exists a variety of options depending on personal taste and preference of an individual. Firstly, the rider must ensure the perfect fit of the helmet to ensure optimum utilization of the safety equipment. Personal preference of individual riders has led to the manufacture of helmets in different shapes, sizes, and styles. The full- face helmet extends a full coverage around the chin bar and provides a flip down shield. This is the most common helmet feature as it aims to offer maximum protection for a rough ride. Equipped with the choice of offering the rider to change the helmet from a full face to an open face helmet, Modular helmets are designed with a flip style chin bar that can be adjusted by the rider with the push of a button. This is often a suitable choice for riders who wish to enjoy different speed conditions on the road. Open face helmets extend protection to the crown and the back of the head, sometimes extending the choice of a flip down shield feature. This proves to be a convenient choice for riders who enjoy better sightseeing and proper communication with fellow riders and individuals, without having to go through the tedious task of removing the headgear completely.
Extending a basic level of safety and protection, Half-helmets predominantly cover the top of the head neglecting to extend coverage to the back, enabling the rider to have the perfect wind- on- the- face experience. Dual Sports Helmets are a great choice for riders who wish to enjoy the perfect combination of switching between a sport and an adventurous motorcycle ride. It extends the comfort of a street helmet, offering flip down shields and closable air vents, making it a popular choice among riders.
Lastly, Motocross Helmets consists of a special visor feature that ensures protection from the harsh sun and pouring rain, making it completely different from the conventional comforts of the street helmet. Equipped with a full chin bar and opening for protection goggles, the helmet is crafted to meet the Off- road requirements of riders.
A well- fitting helmet ensures maximum safety, comfort, and convenience to the rider. Size charts are often provided by motorcycle companies to offer the optimum fit that suits individual requirements. The right choice of a perfect fit should be able to stay in place when the person turns his head from side to side, ensuring a secure fit to the rider. To adhere to the specifications of every individual, it is necessary to consider the basic head shapes of helmets that fit the user’s requirements.
The long oval shape comes with a longer length from the front to back compared to the sides. The intermediate oval shape is close to the features of a round head that facilitate as a mid-range helmet. To suit the needs of certain head shapes that are longer on the sides compared to the front to back length. Round oval helmets are the better option.
Safety attributes are a predominant determining factor that is considered before the purchase of a helmet. It is often advised to make a smart decision when it comes to buying helmets that are well equipped with the required safety features like DOT approved, ECE approved or Snell approved. These standardized safety certifications qualify the helmet to withstand the strong impacts of a fall.
Similar to the testing requirements of a DOT certification, the ECE rating ensures optimum protection and strength of chin straps. Snell certification is extended by a private, not for profit organization that effectively updated and modifies its policies every five years to ensure maximum protection through rigorous and standardized criteria.
Recommendation #5: LS2 Stream Omega Full Face Motorcycle Helmet With Sunshield
For anyone looking into motorcycle riding, the most prominent item to get on their list would be the helmet. A helmet is a necessary component for anyone riding a motorcycle, as it protects one from the wind, shields them from the heat and insulates them from impact in case of any accident. There are many top motorcycle helmets made by different manufacturers in the market today and many of them wanting to competing for the top spot. Most of them have an attractive design, large space to fit the head, good wind buffeting, locking system and much more by which companies think that they make the best full face motorcycle helmet and attract easy customers but none of them do it like LS2. LS2 is a motorcycle company that has always been on the forefront of making motorcycle gear and motorcycle helmets and the LS2 Stream Omega Full Face Motorcycle Helmet With Sunshield proves that again with the amount of technology present and the value with which it brings itself to the market. No doubt this should very well seal the top spot in the market that has been contested for all these years and nobody has ever come close to clinching it.
Here are some of the features of the LS2 Stream Omega Full Face Motorcycle Helmet With Sunshield which look to attract the customer.
- The shield system of the helmet is known as twin shield and it is built in with a sunglass to protect the rider’s eyes from the sun. This, compared to others who just place a glass in front of the rider and put a little tint on it, render the capability of the shield.
- The straps are durable and the quick release system present alongside it is approved by the DOT which means this system will work even in the harshest of conditions meaning that it is easy to release and ensuring that securing is a piece of cake.
- The fabric liner present in the helmet is built in a way to protect the riders head with a soft cushion while impact, and is also easily removable and can be washed with soap so that the helmet feels as good as new the next day.
- The helmet meets all crash standards and regulations that are required by organizations such as ECE and the DOT.
- The size of the helmet cavity is oval in shape which means the fit is easy and safe.
- The cheek pads are designed in such a way that their manufacturing process is 3d printed and allows no hot spots.
- All helmets made by LS2 are designed in Spain and made in factories that have continuous quality checks and testing for safety.
- With many sizes available, this helmet is so comfortable that anyone can find the right one that fits them.
- The helmet has the ability to protect the rider from extreme humidity and prevents fogging up, so the rider has a clear vision of the road ahead of them.
- The ventilation system is so good that it feels like an air conditioner at speeds above 30 mph or 48 km per hour. Such a system allows for good air circulation and prevents suffocation of the rider.
- The sunglass which is part of the twin shield system is easily accessible so one can switch simultaneously between glass and sunglass without any hassle.
- One has enough space to wear head gear inside the helmet which expands its usability.
- The paint material used in the helmet is of very high quality and is scratch resistant.
- The helmet is built in such a way that it can be washed easily and it becomes as good as new in a few minutes.
- The company also boasts of a good customer network, and the helmets can be replaced or repaired in case of any issue.
- The helmet is known to vibrate sometimes due to the ventilation system having closed vents causing headaches and distorted vision.
- The helmet might suffer from constant wind noise at times when riding so that might irritate some.
- The visor may be damaged when packaged from the factory or even when it is shipped causing some riders to send it back for replacement.
- The peripheral vision of the rider may be blocked from the sides when they are required to see the speedometer, as they have to tilt their heads at times to see the instruments fully.
The LS2 Stream Omega Full Face Motorcycle Helmet with Sunshield presents itself as one of the top motorcycle helmets that with the premier LS2 quality and service it can attract customers while being extremely affordable and preventing customers from breaking the bank too much. The excellent ventilation system along with the quick release, twin shield technology and with various sizes available this helmet is built to suit everyone and can present itself as a very good investment for anyone looking into riding gear and especially are looking in the market for some of the best full face motorcycle helmet.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #4: Bell Qualifier Unisex- Adult Full Face Street Helmet
If you are looking for the best helmet to serve your varied purposes of street touring and street-sporting, Bell Qualifier Unisex certainly fits the spot. Available in a multitude of sizes- X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and XX-Large the helmet offers the rider a choice of fiery designs. The Bell Qualifier Street Helmet comes with the accessory- Bell Face Shield Street. The Shield is also available in an elaborate array of hues. The product weighs 3.5 pounds with dimensions 15x12x11 inches. With a five year of warranty, Bell Qualifier Unisex-Adult Full Face Street Helmet is certainly entitled to be called the best full face helmet for riding purposes.
Features and Benefits
- The Bell Qualifier Street Helmet has a lightweight polycarbonate shell that adds to efficiency in riding and biking.
- The Bell Qualifier Helmet is available in three shell sizes- SM, MD, and LG.
- The Bell Qualifier Helmet exhibits features like an Anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV Protected shield to ameliorate the biker’s vision during Spartan conditions.
- The product comes with a padded chin strap with a D-Ring closure that helps riders adjust the helmet according to their individual sizes.
- The contoured cheek pads manifested by the product readily fixes its spot among the top motorcycle helmets.
- Product shows a padded wind collar that acts as a much-needed utility for the bikers.
- The product exhibits the feature of integrated speaker pockets, a feature only commonly seen in top motorcycle helmets.
- The helmet has a Velocity Flow Ventilation System, to adjust the airflow while biking.
- The interior of the helmet is removable and washable.
- The interior of the helmet is removable and washable, and thus prevents bacterial growth, along with unsanitary conditions.
- The aerodynamic design augments to the overall stability, making the product one of the top motorcycle helmets.
- The ventilation system allows the cooling and oxygenation of the biker during stringent atmospheres.
- Wind noise and road noise, is significantly abated with the provision of a padded wind collar.
- The contoured cheek pads provide exceptional comfort and relaxation to the bikers while biking.
- Communication could be readily established anywhere and at any place with the arrangement for integrated speaker pockets for audio speakers.
- ClickRelease allows for the expedient use of shield whenever necessary without any convolutions during handling of the mechanism.
- The product is DOT approved and comes with an extended warranty period- a lucrative offer for every biker.
- The helmet can also be used for such activities like sports where it could also verily serve the biker’s needs.
- The intermediate oval fit that the helmet manifests is considered a better option than the highly banal round fit manifested by other helmets.
- The Bell Helmet is an extremely comfortable choice if you are riding during the summers.
- The change of shield could be accomplished as fast as in 15-20 seconds.
- The elaborate design gives an altogether professional air to the rider and boosts up their level of confidence.
- The helmet is only suitable if you are on a tight budget as it lacks many of the refined features shown by other helmets.
- The product has a rather clunky visor which could act as a hindrance to the purposes of the biker.
- The helmet is deemed to be exceptionally loud when the noise reduction component does not work that efficiently.
- The helmet shape is considered to be bulky by some professional bikers; the oval shape does not assuage the problem.
- The helmet has insufficient space if you wish to wear sunglasses or goggles.
- The helmet is more of an entry level sports helmet which could fall short of the biker’s expectation during loftier expeditions.
- The product is only DOT rated and not EC rated.
- The jacket is only a perfect fit if you have a slim to medium build. It becomes a little disagreeable for bulkier people.
- Dry heat is most suitable for the application of the jacket to the biker’s fulfilment.
- The jacket does not have features like a strategic mesh planning and wind proof vest lining for increased assuagement during stringent weather conditions.
- The product does not have a photochromic Bell Transition Shield seen in other helmets along with a UV shield, scratch shield, and a fog shield.
- The 3D liner is the most rudimentary as compared to other products with better accoutrements.
- The helmet does not have an additional chin curtain.
Even though the wind noise has arisen to be a pertinent deterrent to the biker’s performance, the other features readily compensates for this hiccup. The helmet is comfortable and a beautiful fit with its range of sizes. The easy shield has been feted by most bikers- amateurs and professionals. The Bluetooth attachment is easy and efficient to establish with the internal auditory pockets. The matt finish of the helmet is appealing and easy to wash and maintain. Altogether, the helmet is your best bet if you are a beginner and hunting for adequately furnished features.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #3: AGV AX-8 Evo Naked Road Helmet
There are a lot of people who are indulged in motor sports and adventures. These sports are dangerous and require specific gear and equipment for the protection of the people. The iAGV AX-8 Evo Naked Road Helmet is one of the awesome motorcycle helmets that comes as a protective gear for motorcycle and power sports. This helmet is the street version of the AX-8 DS Evo. The AGV AX-8 Evo Naked Helmet has an internal padding that is very thick to be able to provide comfort and more stability. It is an oval shaped helmet from the inside, whereas the outer shell in the chin area has been combined with a soft and wide base edge. This helps in the reduction of any interference with back protector and is built to decrease the risk of shocks. It has a shock absorbing function that is developed against the risk of head trauma.
Features and Benefits
Here are the main features and characteristics of the AGV AX-8 Evo Naked Road Helmet: –
- This road helmet is manufactured by a top sport equipment brand called AGV.
- This product comes in five sizes ranging from small to double extra-large and has about three colors in all the sizes.
- The glass in front of the helmet is scratch resistant for harsh sports so as to protect breakage.
- The weight and dimensions of the helmet vary by sizes.
- This product is suitable for people who are interested and involved in motorsport adventures even in harsh road conditions making it one of the awesome motorcycle helmets as compared to other manufacturers.
- This helmet has been certified as durable and also has a policy of exchange and return in case of faulty product.
This product has its advantages as a protective gear. Some of them are as follows: –
- The AGV AX-8 Evo Naked Road Helmet is lined with premium Kevlar synthetic fiber, super light carbon and fiberglass shell construction.
- This helmet has an integrated ventilation system inbuilt with funnels air through the channels that are made in the outer shell.
- The glass shield in the front of this helmet has been made from a non-breakable and anti-fog material which is also scratch resistant.
- The internal padding of the helmet is made of dry lex with proper sanitized treatment.
- One of the best parts about the helmet is that it has removable and washable cheek pads with an internal lining.
- This helmet has been certified as a protective and safety gear from the department of transportation.
- The item can be shipped anywhere in the United States and also to some countries other than the United States.
- The helmet has gotten a collective customer motorcycle helmet review of 4.4 stars out of 5 on Amazon.com.
- The seller has provided many discount options on the helmet including gift cards or discounts on payment by a specific card.
- Amazon.com is offering free shipping on this helmet and also a fast delivery option by paying some nominal extra charge.
Every product has its advantages and some disadvantages as well. These can help the buyer form a concrete decision on buying this helmet or not. Here are some of the drawbacks of the AGV AX-8 Evo Naked Road Helmet: –
- The sizes shown on the website are European standard sizes so they may fit smaller than expected.
- The larger sizes that are extra-large and double extra-large are not plus sizes, rather they are of an athletic fit.
- This road helmet is not foldable and so it might be inconvenient for some people to carry along.
- This product is a little expensive and buyers might be hesitant in investing.
- It does not come with an automatic guarantee and warranty. If the buyer wants it, they have to request it directly from the seller and pay an extra amount for the same.
- The shipping does not include all the countries over the world other than United States and some other nearby ones.
The AGV AX-8 Evo Naked Road Helmet is a premium product that comes in the category of safety and protective headgear used for motorsports and other adventures. This product has a lot of benefits for people who love to go on motorsport adventures such as being scratch resistant, removable cheek pads, integrated ventilation system, surviving harsh weathers, etc. All the products have some pros and cons, not leaving this helmet an exception. All these benefits and backlogs are discussed above which make the buyer decide whether to choose the product or not. Finally, the product has gotten a positive motorcycle helmet review from other buyers and sellers and therefore becomes a good choice for adventurers.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #2: Shoei RF-1200 Matte Black Full Face Helmet
Being an adventurist, it is important to know that the safety weighs equal to the adventure and risk taking. For a bike rider, one of the most important accessories is the helmet. It does not really matter if you do not have a heavy-duty jacket or shoes, but a heavy-duty helmet is a must. This is because you never know when you will meet with an accident with your head banging on the floor. When this happens, you might face neck injury or face injury or a fatal head injury. Shoei has come up with a stylish best full face motorcycle helmet which will protect you under any circumstances. It is one of the best motorcycle helmets in the market at present.
Features and Benefits
- One of the most important factors of a helmet is that it should be light in weight. If the helmet is heavy, there can be illnesses such as neck pain, optical nerve pressure, etc. This feature is successfully added to this helmet. The helmet is ultra-light because of the material used and along with being light, it provides complete protection also.
- Also, ventilation and air circulation are necessary. If the helmet lacks this feature, the rider may feel suffocated which can lead to a lack of attention while being on the road. Shoei has designed the helmet in such a way that it has a feature of ventilation throughout the helmet. This makes sure that the rider gets fresh air to breathe and does not feel suffocated.
- Another thing that it is irritating to the riders is the sweat. Riding in the hot temperatures causes the body to sweat. Plus, wearing a helmet, jacket, etc., aggravates the sweat-producing glands. This design is unique as it provides a 3D Max Dry system. This means that if the body is sweating, the sweat will dry off easily without causing any major inconvenience.
- The helmet is certified by DOT which means that it has passed all the safety tests. It is also certified by the Snell-M2010 which ensures complete safety and quality.
- The helmet is made using a matrix technology. Matrix design makes it durable and protective. The technology is called Integrated Matrix in the advanced form. This makes sure that the helmet is strong enough to withstand shocks and provide comfort at the same time.
- First of all, let us see the built quality and mechanism of the helmet. The manufacturers use Advanced Integrated Matrix design which means that the helmet is made of interwoven material which provides durability, strength, and security to the head and the neck.
- The helmet is designed in such a way that it covers the full face instead of leaving the neck portion unprotected. This means that if a rider falls on the ground and hits the head, the helmet will not only absorb the shock on the head but it will also prevent the jerk from affecting the neck.
- The material inside the helmet is soft and has a cushioning feel. This provides comfort and safety at the same time. One of the customers said that even when they fell on the ground and were not able to move, they could rest their head in the helmet without any discomfort.
- Another very important feature is the safety buttons. When you are lying on the ground and unable to move your head, the paramedics can use the safety button to remove your helmet without moving your head even a bit.
- The helmet also has a sound canceling effect up to some extent. If you are riding a bike with a loud engine noise, it might damage your ear in the long run. To prevent this, the helmet is designed in such a way that the noise will be cut and you can enjoy your ride without wearing ear plugs.
- Talking about the disadvantages about this helmet, it does not have many. One of the disadvantages is that it is a little overpriced than other helmets in the same range. This can be due to the high-quality material that is used in the helmet and the safety assurance but it cannot be the first choice for an amateur.
- The helmet is suitable for semi-professionals and professionals only. It is not really worth the money for an amateur. The features that are provided in the helmet are required by the riders who use the bike to travel long distances.
- The helmet weighs around 1.9 kg. The technology used to manufacture the helmet is safety assuring, but keeping physics in mind, it does not really have that strength to protect the head from heavy shock.
The helmet is available on online platform which makes it convenient for the user to buy. The helmet is a perfect piece of safety for the riders who wish to travel long distances and be safe at the same time. It is not really useful for the amateurs but they can always buy as it will be useful in the long run.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #1: Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet – Large
Motorcycle helmets are a crucial component in the completion of a perfect motorcycling look and feel. Selection of the perfect helmet, from various criterions like design, features, and functionality, is a must and can, sometimes, be a very tough choice. Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet is one of the top motorcycle helmets currently available in the market. The features and designs the helmet provides to its users are plentiful. From a skillfully designed ventilation system to an aerodynamic shell-design to the embedding of an AIM structure.
Features and Benefits
- The Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 full Face helmet’s aerodynamic properties are made extensive through a thorough and analytical wind tunnel testing and surveys subjected to experienced riders and their feedbacks.
- Multi-Piece EPS liner that is skillfully designed with precision for maximum comfort also enhances impact ventilation and absorption.
- Three shell and four EPS liners that are available to customers in different sizes bring about more options in size preference in order to attain the right fit for the right kind of comfort.
- Molded air spoiler brings down the factor of drag and lift. This also reduces the amount of pressure that is put on the rider’s neck during rides. This is a crucial issue, especially during the situation of long rides. Pain in the neck area is a common issue and the right helmet, such as the Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet, prevents such situations making it one the most awesome motorcycle helmets around.
- The built-in QSV-1 sun shield that is cleverly embedded in the core design of the helmet reduces the cases of sun glare directly in the eyes through a quick action setup.
- Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet’s sun shield visor system meets ANSI Z80.3-2010’s standard for the non-prescription eyeglass criterion.
- The helmet’s sun shield visor system is large which makes it easy to access the activation switch which turns on the 3D injection-molded inner sun shield.
- This unique and sporty helmet also provides a complete Distortion-free shield that protects and provides a 99% protection from the harmful UV rays. For frequent riders, it can be straining to receive dark and dead-looking patches around the eye area. With this feature provided from one of the top motorcycle helmets, frequent riders need to worry less.
- The forehead area of the Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet’s outer shell is raised to a certain extent in order to accommodate the cleverly designed internal sun shield. This helps in allowing for the inner EPS liner to remain at the perfect position and fit in correctly to remain intact.
- The helmet’s ventilation system consists of an upper air intake vent which is positioned to increase the pull of air volume inside of the helmet. This discards all potentials to create suffocation.
- The large upper and lower intake vent of the helmet is also strategically positioned to maximize performance in terms of wind screens. These vents are also made in such a way that it can be easily operated.
- The helmet’s lower air defroster vent also reduces its chances of fogging. This vent also increases its performance in the ventilation process.
- The vent located at the rear also acts as an air exhaust which helps in the perfect discarding of circulated air inside the helmet.
- Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet also includes a breath guard along with a chin curtain.
- The helmet is made with AIM (Advanced Integrated Matrix) which is a high performance and functional fiberglass with organic fibers infused to produce a super light-weight shell structure that is resilient, sturdy and strong.
- The helmet consists of a well-designed aerodynamic shell structure which provides maximum comfort to its users. The perfect fitted helmet can also make a huge impact on the ride experience, making rides a better and comfortable one.
- The Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet also includes a breath guard, and with that, a chin curtain. These features make this helmet one of the most awesome motorcycle helmets out there due to its attention to detail and other super-functional features.
- This helmet also looks at the matter of vision at top priority. The sun shield visor system found inbuilt in the helmet provides its user the best of vision in all kinds of situations. It also protects the rider’s eyes from the harmful UV rays at a remarkable 99% prevention rate.
- The design for the Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet can be a little limited for those buyers who look at design as a priority.
- The sizes mentioned in its range may not be similar to most available in the market. This can create a confusion in choosing the perfect size for the riders.
The Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-5 Full Face Helmet is a highly recommendable considering the vast features it possesses. The helmet also includes some basic essential features like shell design and ventilation, which has been skillfully designed to provide the best of advanced experience. The helmet is structured to provide light-weight comfort, making it ideal for daily wear and for long-distance trips.See Lowest Price Here
It is pertinent to consider the various features of helmet weight, construction, and optional characteristics, that aim to significantly reduce the strain of the head gear, offering optimum safety and security. The prominent materials incorporated in the manufacture of helmets includes Polycarbonate, Fiberglass composite, and Carbon Fiber. With the growing technological advances, most helmets aim to enhance the riding experience by providing quality features like integrated sunshade, wind reduction features and provision for clear communication among riders. The thoughtful consideration of the buying guide offers a variety of choice and knowledge for riders to enjoy the perfect adventurous experience with the purchase of the best helmet.See Lowest Price Here