Those long drives on the bike, the wind blowing against your face, and the thrill of zooming on the roads and highways, it all feels good without a helmet. However, this thrill may come at a cost, because speed thrills but also kills. Speeding on a bike without a helmet is the most dangerous thing ever. It is better to wear a protective gear on the head as it will save you from injuries to head in case of an accident.
Today there are many types of helmets that are manufactured so the riders get the comfort, style and safety feature, all in one helmet. There are also women’s motorcycle helmets that are now specifically designed for women to suit them and give the best motorcycle helmet for women. For all the women, out there here is a buying guide for buying motorcycle helmets.
Types of motorcycle helmets
Before you decide on a helmet, it is important to know all the types that exist in the market. This will give you a wide range to choose from and the helmet that suits you the best. The following are some of the types of helmets and their pros and cons.
A full helmet covers the entire face and offers a protective glass covering called the visor. This visor comes in different shades that help block the sun rays.
- The visor is adjustable, it can be opened and closed.
- This type offers protection to the eyes and skin.
- The visor can be tinted to lessen glare.
- This type of helmet is heavy.
- Heavier than other helmets.
Open face or half face helmet
This type of helmet is less confined and covers the head of the riders. It leaves the ears, eyes and mouth area opened.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry around
- It offers comfort
- Provides wide vision of the road
- One is prone to harmful sun rays.
- No protection to the face.
- It is open, hence causes damage to eyes and ears in extreme weather conditions.
Modular helmet is perhaps the handiest helmet. This type of helmet can be converted from a full-face helmet to a half face helmet.
- Versatile helmet and can be converted, according to the user’s convenience.
- This is suitable for people who wear glasses while riding.
- Since it covers the whole face the helmet has excellent noise reduction.
- Since it is made of more helmet materials this type of helmet is heavy.
- It is quite expensive.
Examining each of these helmets will give the buyers the knowledge about each type that is available. It also makes the decision process easier once you know all the kinds so that you select a suitable helmet.
Things to look out for
Everybody adjusts helmets while riding; either they are not comfortable or they have chosen the wrong type of helmet. Apart from the types of helmets, there are other things to look for while choosing a helmet. While looking for a helmet here are things to check off your checklist.
The first thing that you must look for in a helmet is the comfort level. If the helmet you choose is not comfortable, it is useless as you will eventually stop wearing it. Only when you are comfortable you will be able to ride with concentration. Constant adjusting is a major distraction for riders while they are on the road. This distraction can cost riders their life, and hence it is important that you purchase a helmet that offers high comfort level.
Suitable according to the law
Women often find it a pain to wear a helmet for different reasons, and a common one includes spoiling their hairdo. Choosing a helmet that the law approves of is necessary. Wearing a fancy but low-quality helmet is a big no. The helmet with all the safety features, which is approved by the law must be chosen so that you get maximum protection.
Today we get all types of helmets, big, small, fancy and more. All these are not completing without its safety features; hence one must look out for the safety features that a helmet offers. The helmet plug at the bottom is an important safety feature. This ensures that the helmet stays in place and does not move when there is movement. The helmet plug is a protective factor as this prevents the helmet from coming off in the case of an accident.
Another safety feature is the visor. This helps to cover the face of the riders and prevents dust from entering the eyes.
It is always good to have additional features that make your ride on the motorcycle a better one. Having padded interiors and near the ears helps in noise reduction. The feature of communication systems in the padded area near the ear also brings great advantage to the riders.
The above pointers are sure to help women buy the right kind of helmet. Whether you are a professional biker or a regular one this buying guide will come in handy.
Recommendation #5: HJC FG-17 Banshee Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
The HJC FG-17 Banshee Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet, is a multi- functional Motorcycle helmet, which ensures optimum protection from harsh climatic conditions and unexpected events. The increasing demand to ensure an extraordinary riding experience has led to the manufacturing of helmets in diverse styles and designs to suit the aesthetic preference and comfort of women. The best motorcycle helmet for women not only ensures optimum safety and security, but also aims to stand out distinctively with its unique features and functionalities. The growing market has seen an exponential rise in the demand for women’s motorcycle helmets over the decade. It is pertinent to consider certain prerequisite factors to make the perfect purchase decision. A buying guide is advisable for riders to get a clear- cut information about the product and its distinct features before proceeding with the purchase of the helmet.
It is also important to consider the features of helmet weight construction and optional characteristics, that aim to significantly reduce the strain of the head gear, offering optimum safety and comfort. The helmets are primarily manufactured with Polycarbonate, Fibreglass Composite, and Carbon Fibre. Innovation in technology has led to the incorporation of high-quality features like sunshade, wind reduction features and provision for proper communication among riders.
Features And Benefits
- It is important to invest in the right helmet after the thorough consideration and research of certain preconditioned factors to facilitate a smooth ride.
- Firstly, the rider must be mindful about the perfect fit of the helmet.
- The complete functionality and purpose of the helmet is fulfilled.
- Only after finding the right fit that suits the specifications of individual head shape, to ensure optimum utilization of the safety gear.
- Personal preference of riders depends on various shapes, styles, and sizes.
- Modular helmets are designed with a flip style chin bar that can be adjusted with the push of a button, providing the rider a choice to switch from a full- face to an open face helmet.
- The full-face helmet extends a full coverage around the chin bar and provides a flip down shield, offering maximum protection for a rough ride.
- Various size charts are provided by the manufacturers to ensure the perfect fit, maximum safety, comfort and convenience to the rider.
- The optimum fit of riding helmet is determined by the respective head shape of the individual riders.
- The right choice of helmet must be able to stay in place upon sudden movements to ensure a secure fit to the rider.
- It is important to adhere to the various specifications of head shapes like the Long oval, intermediate oval, and round oval, to suit the specific requirements of individual riders.
This motorcycle helmet is equipped with Advanced Fiberglass Composite Shell that ensures light weight and superior fit, equipped with advanced CAD technology. It offers greater visibility with the provision of a large eye port opening in the Aerodynamic shell. The ACS or Advanced Channeling Ventilation System effectively aims to reduce the heat inside the helmet by providing rear exit vents to facilitate optimum ventilation and regular air flow. Eliminating the risk of shield fogging, the chin bar also provides ventilation across the shield interior, which is washable to ensure convenience. The helmet is skillfully crafted to ensure reduced turbulence upon strong impact. The optically correct 3D design is equipped with 100% MaxVision lens. Constructed predominantly with Advanced Fiberglass Composite Shell, the helmet adheres to the safety certifications. Weighing around 1580 grams depending on the given size and color, the helmet is equipped with style and substance.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #4: HJC CL-Max 2 Solid Bluetooth Ready Modular Snowmobile Helmet
HJC-CL brings forth the coolest motorcycle helmets for women designed to suit your biking needs. The product comes not only with an attractive black matte finish, but is also available in colors like solid black, gray, pearl, white, silver and wine. The large size comfortably accommodates enough space for breathability and comfort. HJC CL-Max 2 weighs 5.5 pounds and has an approximate dimension of 12 x 11 x 11 inches. It has the service of a warranty period, during which the helmet could be exchanged if it has suffered excessive wear and tear. The electronic features that the helmet could incorporate, are however sold separately.
Features and Benefits
- The helmet indubitably qualifies in the list of cool women’s motorcycle helmets with its newly added feature of an electric shield.
- The chin bar is easy to use and could be operated only with the pressing of a single button.
- HJC CL has a full front to back air channels which provide ample ventilation during biking and keeps in mind the biker’s convenience.
- The interior lining of the helmet is entirely removable.
- The helmet includes an advanced polycarbonate composite shell.
- The face shield is easy to operate with the push of a single button for the biker’s convenience.
- The ACS or Advanced Channeling Ventilation system is an important improvisation on the older version.
- The interior is furnished by Bioceramic Nylex which is easy to maintain.
- The Shell is injected with molded thermoplastic shell and ABS alloy chin bar improving the durability of the helmet.
- The product is DOT approved and comes with the provision of a warranty.
- The polycarbonate chin bar is adjustable and thus aids the biker helping her drive comfortably.
- The single button chin bar could be operated even with gloves on.
- The jacket is suitably ventilated for the biker’s personal comfort, with ventilation through mesh compartments.
- The full front to back airflow helps in checking the humidity inside the helmet, keeping comfortable dry conditions.
- The interior is washable and checks bacterial growth due to sweat.
- The interior is fully furnished to sustain Bluetooth communication while biking.
- The face shield is optically superior to that of any other bikes.
- The shield provides up to 95% protection from UV rays.
- The extended mesh panels improve the breathability factor for the riders riding in all sorts of demanding conditions.
- Night-time visibility is recognized with the provision of reflective details for bikers riding extensively during night time or in stygian atmospheres.
- The hook and loop straps provide for cuff and waist adjustments.
- The provision of warranty secures the helmet from any recently occurred wear, tear, and abrasions.
- The helmet is a comfortable fit for all head sizes and provides ample room to the bikers.
- The field vision is amazing and the bikers can enjoy a panoramic peripheral sight while biking making it one of the cool women’s motorcycle helmets.
- The helmet does not provide sufficient noise abatement, and in some cases cannot cut down noise at all.
- The helmet is not very comfortable if the biker is wearing glasses or chooses to wear face shades.
- The face shield does not shield sufficiently in parts like the hinges and acts as a hindrance.
- The helmet could aim to provide a better air flow to the bikers during extreme weather conditions.
- The helmet shield is too long and narrow and for some people has been a rather uncomfortable fit.
- The front of the face shield has a huge gap; this might prevent it to provide requisite protection in case of an accident or injury.
- Component parts are not suitably attached and could come off during Spartan conditions resulting in mayhem.
- The Bluetooth component and additional electrical gadget are sold separately and cannot be purchased along with the helmet.
- The top vents could improve its quality to keep up with the rest of the component parts.
The helmet thus, makes it to the coolest motorcycle helmets for women, because of its durability, especially in long trips involving a lot of biking. The padding at the chin feels snug and overall comfortable to the biker. The bar is initially firm in its placing and provides a wonderful fit. The visor is very easy to operate and could be changed in a matter of seconds. To tackle the increasing complaint of noise, earplugs are recommended for the biker’s convenience. This could cut off most of the noise and external sound. The ventilation is satisfactory and does not seem bulky when worn. The interior gets comfortable and suitable after a while. Albeit, a lot of air gushes in through the chin area, the helmet is satisfactory for its price and is an interesting purchase for every biker out there.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #3: HJC IS-2 Blossom Motorcycle Half-Helmet
Helmets have been one of the most important accessories that are a compulsion for a superbike or even a normal bike, to make sure that your head is safe even in the case of accident or mishandling of bike. These helmets differ in sizes, shapes, and types depending on what you prefer and which bike you ride. The two main types are full face helmets and the other is a half-faced helmet. It depends on the person what kind of helmet they wish to use and the delivery of purpose will depend on the type. If it is a full-face helmet, it will protect your head, your face and your neck as well. If it is a half face helmet, it will cover only the skull part of the head.
There are different materials used to make these helmets, depending upon men and women’s motorcycle helmets. The engineering technology is progressing at a fast rate and so is medicine and science. There are different types of technology used, such as matrix, hard plastic, etc., that are molded in such a way that they offer maximum protection and also super fitting. This makes sure that even in the case of an accident, your head will not be damaged. Let us look at one of the best half-helmets, which you can ride your bike with.
Features and Benefits
- The helmet is made of Polycarbonate composite shell. Understanding the term, polycarbonate means the hardest form of polymer made out of carbon. Composite shell means that the technology uses other materials to make the helmet strong and comfortable for the rider. This means that the helmet will offer perfect fitting and safety at the same time.
- The company guarantees superior fit and comfort. This is implemented in the helmet using an advanced technology. The helmet will not be too bulky or too small to give you inconvenience. Also, perfect means negligible chances of your skull being damaged.
- There is a retractable sun shield present in the helmet. If you are riding your bike when the sun is in front of your eyes, you do not really need to wear sunglasses. The sun shield can be pulled down to protect eyes from the sun, and also have a clear vision at the same time.
- It is very easy to operate and use this helmet. All the parts are removable and easy to assemble too. You can pull down the sun shield at your own will or remove it completely if you do not need it. There is a user manual given with the product so that you can know about the usage of the helmet.
- The helmet uses polycarbonate which is a polymer made out of carbon. We know that polymers are light in weight plus, they are rigid and hard. This means that the helmet is light in weight, but, along with that, it has durability and assurance of causing no or negligible injuries to the skull.
- The helmet is available in various colors such as pink and white. It also has a floral pattern on the sides which makes it a perfect piece for the female riders who wish to have a slightly girly helmet. Also, being in light in weight, it provides comfort during the ride.
- There is a perfect arrangement made for ventilation too. There are small holes on the surface of the helmet. These make sure that there is continuous air circulation in the helmet, ensuring that you do not damage your scalp or hair in the long run.
- It is also available in various sizes to ensure total comfort without any compromises. If you buy from online platforms, you can also get an option to replace the helmet with a different size if the one you bought does not fit your properly.
- There are different helmets available which have the same features but are of the cheaper price. If you are amateur, you would really not want to go for this helmet. You can search for the helmets which are designed for the amateurs.
- It is a half face helmet. This means that only your skull will be protected. If you see, during an accident, it is the skull, face and the neck that gets hurt. So, if you are planning on spending some amount on the helmet, might as well go for the full-face helmet.
- The built material is glossy. This makes the helmet look dull after a certain time. The scratches and dirt marks will be visible and you will not be able to clean it.
- The cushion inside the helmet is not very thick. If you wear this for a long time, your head will start aching and you would tend to remove it.
This is a good helmet for its price, but you can always find better deals and better products by doing a little research of your own. You can also check with others who have bought other helmets and ask for opinions. This is one of the best women’s motorcycle helmet if you are a rider who rides small distances and prefers half face helmet.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #2: Bell Bullitt Unisex-Adult Full Face Street Helmet (Carbon Matte, Small)
For motorcyclists, choosing an appropriate helmet is not a cakewalk always, especially in today’s competitive market. With multiple brands and an extensive range of helmets to choose from, buying a motorcycle helmet can be perplexing.
Bell is a helmet company widely known across the world. Since there are very few helmet companies which have had over sixty years of experience in the business, Bell has a higher standard than its rivals out there. Established in the year 1980, Bell Helmet Company is an exemplary creator of a wide variety of helmets for a safe yet comfortable ride on the two-wheeler. One of the best models crafted by the company is Bell Bullitt Unisex-Adult Full Face Street Helmet. The name of the helmet gets its inspiration from the character Bullit, played by motorsport enthusiast Steve McQueen in one of the classic movies called Bullit. Being unisex, this is one of the few motorcycle helmets for women that the company makes. If physical specifications are to be considered, the helmet has a Carbon Matte colour which looks quite sophisticated and contemporary. Having dimensions 15×11.5×11.2 inches, the product weighs a total of 3.5 pounds. Other than being available in small size, the helmets are available in extra-large sizes as well. Riders who are looking forward to purchasing the Bell Bullitt Unisex-Adult Full-Face Street Helmet can look into the following mentioned features, pros and cons which would help them make a sound decision.
Features and Benefits
- The modern and sleek matte finish increases the style quotient of the helmet. Moreover, the exquisite appeal that the helmet offers is nowadays rare to find in its counterparts.
- The interior of the helmet is crafted using genuine leather.
- The interior being perforated facilitates cross ventilation for the user, and eliminates the humidity caused inside while travelling.
- Created using a special anti-bacterial material, cleaning and maintaining is easy, since the interior cheek pads are removable and washable. The cheek pads also have additional speaker pockets attached on either side.
- The EPS liner in Bell Bullitt Unisex-Adult Full-Face Street Helmet provides an extra layer of cushion, which is meant for protection even in the worst-case scenarios.
- The rear exhaust vents and front chin vents don’t allow heat to accumulate inside the rider’s helmet. Thus, providing the user with a comfortable and irritation-free experience throughout the journey. The ventilation port installed in front of the mouth allows users to customize air flow and offers a little more space to breathe.
- One of the salient features of the helmet is the incorporation of Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper which aids easy removal during emergency situations.
- For providing the riders with a personalized look, an additional accessory shield is also amalgamated in it.
- Regarding the certifications, DOT is one such important safety standard that must be ensured before a helmet is even put on sale.
- Another important safety standards certification is ECE; it is followed by more than 50 countries.
- The Bell Bullitt Unisex-Adult Full-Face Street Helmet is both DOT and ECE certified.
- The modern and versatile design of Bell Bullitt Unisex-Adult Full-Face Street Helmet makes it a popular choice among motorcyclists.
- The helmet has been designed using some of the latest technology available in the market today.
- Most of the times people don’t prefer wearing helmets because of the discomfort caused due to heat and humidity, but the well-developed system of ventilation in this helmet is definitely a win-win for the users.
- Men’s helmets are usually worn by women because of the inadequate availability of appropriate ones for women. Since the product encompasses an intense matte finish and is quite lightweight it proves to be one of the ideal women’s motorcycle helmets in the market.
- Warranty of up to 5 years is offered by the company on the helmet.
- Being a full-face helmet, it provides an all-round protection to the motorcyclist without compromising on the comfort level.
- The helmet is ideal for day to day use.
- There are other brands offering even more features.
- The fabric stitching and seams of the interiors may seem a bit uncomfortable to some.
- The absence of noise cancellation feature may seem problematic to some motorcyclists.
Overall, the Bell helmet company has been offering the best helmet models since their inception. The exquisite varieties of vintage to modern designs offered by the company has had many takers till now. The company designs all its products, keeping in mind the protection and safety standards. The Bullitt Unisex-Adult Full-Face Street Helmet created by Bell is one of the trendsetters, especially among the female section in the market. A good combination of style, contemporary design and all-round protection makes it an ideal helmet for all the motorcyclists out there. Thus, the product is highly recommended for a comfortable yet safe ride.See Lowest Price Here
Recommendation #1: Shoei Seduction RF-1200 Street Bike Racing Motorcycle Helmet – TC-7
With bikes being the most adventurous and most stylish vehicles to chase speeds and style, it is important to wear excellent quality safety helmets to give an all-round protection. RF-1200 is the best motorcycle helmet for women as the design of the helmet, quality and custom-fit are strong reasons to buy this helmet. The helmet is loaded with features and that’s why it is regarded as one of the best women’s motorcycle helmets. Alongside protection, the helmets are comfortable as well, so that, it doesn’t become unbearable while riding the bike.
The helmet is loaded with some great features and designed specifically to suit women. Its specifications are unique and best.
- The helmet is light weighted, so that it doesn’t become heavy for the rider’s head. It weighs only 6 pounds.
- The helmet possesses a slim design, a chin strap, and an aerodynamic shape for an easy air flow.
- It is equipped with dual intensity EPS liner
- The helmet comes in various sizes ranging from- X-small to X-large, therefore one can choose a helmet of the right size.
- It is available at an affordable price and one doesn’t have to shell out a lot of money for this street bike racing helmet.
- The helmet also has wind tunnel tested shape.
- There are Pinlock pins and lens insert in the helmet.
- Wider vision area through the screen.
- The color and design of the helmet are top-notch and not overdone. The minimal graphics on the helmet gives it a classy look. The helmet is available in plenty of colors.
- The ventilation system built in the helmet is quite remarkable and noteworthy.
- The maintenance of the helmet is very easy and it can be easily cleaned by removing the parts inside.
The Helmet not only looks extraordinary but also has many features, which is why this helmet as rated as top helmets for bikers. The manufacturer of RF-1200 has 56 years of experience in designing helmets for both men and women.
- The helmet is lightweight and comfortable, making it wearable even in extreme weather conditions. It stretches with time and becomes comfortable
- There has been some research done to give a particular shape to the helmets. The compact shape helps in reducing wind noises and buffeting.
- It is both, DOT and SNELL M2015 approved. So, one should be assured of the helmet meeting safety standards as it is quite safe to use.
- The dual liner has two layers which allow the distribution of impact.
- The inner lining of the helmet is very soft and provides a shield system. So, there is a quiet environment inside the helmet giving the rider a calm environment to drive.
- The fabric used inside the helmet is also soft and stable giving the rider a comfortable atmosphere.
- The shield system in the helmet doesn’t allow excess air to enter, and thus keeping the helmet sealed.
- The vent system allows the cool air to enter and exhaust, thus, creating a perfect ventilation system.
- The shield system is also applauding worthy, because adjustment is very easy due to the five-stage rotating dial
- The base plate is placed on a spring loaded and lets the easy release of the shield and sealing the helmet against strong winds.
The helmet is quite amazing and customers who have bought this helmet previously have given some great reviews for it. There are hardly any problems with the helmet and most of the customers are satisfied with the quality and features of this helmet. There were some issues faced by few customers but they are almost negligible.
- One of the problems was that it was difficult to place the padding back to its place after removing it for washing. This is a minor setback
- Some customers felt there was less air flow inside the helmet though, after regular use, it became comfortable and airy again.
Overall, it is a good helmet that one should invest in, if they want to protect themselves from the injuries. It is highly recommended for women bikers who usually travel at high speeds. Many consumers have given this helmet thumbs up as it has saved their lives during a crash. It is a total protection for the head and saves you from any serious head injuries.
The helmet may remain a little ill-fitted and non-airy in the beginning but as soon as you start using it, it will become quite comfortable. The ventilation system is efficient and will keep the atmosphere breathable. Rider will remain distraction-free because of less noise and feel more confident while riding a bike with this helmet on. Undoubtedly, Shoei Seduction RF-1200 Street Bike Racing Motorcycle Helmet TC-7 is a premium product in today’s competitive market that delivers what it promises, and stands up to the expectations of its satisfied customers.See Lowest Price Here
Motorcycle Helmets are an integral part of a riding gear that ensures a phenomenal riding experience, considering aspects of safety, comfort and personal preference; riding helmets are skillfully crafted to meet the specific requirements of every rider to facilitate optimum safety and security to the rider. Every helmet is thoughtfully designed to meet and suit the intricate needs of sports bikes, cruisers and adventure touring to ensure maximum comfort, style, and significantly contributes to the aesthetics of the riding gear. It offers an array of choices ranging from personal taste and innovative features to suit individual requirements.See Lowest Price Here