A vast number of options for helmets are available to motocross and off-road riders and racers and in such a diverse market, Shoei stands out with the VFX-W Helmet Grant – 2. This product has been developed after long hours of R&D, conceptualization, brainstorming, designing, etc. It has been tested and consequently appreciated by a professional racing team which places it on a high pedestal of importance.
The VFX-W Helmet Grant – 2 is a supremely designed product that is preferred by top riders and racers of the off-road. The helmet has been developed and equipped with several state of the art and premium features that make it stand out amongst its competitors. With the implementation of Shoei’s AIM+ technology, the product is a great buy for people who are about to hit the track and need a new helmet. The AIM+ technology infuses organic fibres with fibreglass which is a very strong combination and can be cut only using laser technology. The product comes with a 5-year warranty.
Who Should Buy These?
- The product is popularly used for biking purposes and motorcyclists all over the world.
- The product is mainly of benefit for all professional bikers.
- The product takes all measure to help you bike with safety.
- It is an off-road helmet which provides incredible protection.
- It is well fitting.
- The product is usually preferred by bikers who have been doing it for quite awhile now.
- The product has proven to be one of the best in its kind.
Things to consider while purchasing a helmet
- One should consider the value for money of the helmet.
- A customer should consider different options depending on whether he/she is a beginner or a novice or a pro, etc.
- If a customer is a repeat buyer, he/she should contemplate whether the purchase is a replacement or an upgrade.
What makes a good Helmet?
- A good helmet must have a light weight to allow better movement.
- The helmet should have a great value for money and mustn’t be overpriced.
- A helmet must be durable and strong, to significantly decrease the severity of head injuries.
What features should a helmet have?
- A helmet should be made of strong materials such as fibreglass composite, polycarbonate, etc.
- The helmet should have an aerodynamic and lightweight shell.
- The product should have the necessary safety certifications from organizations such as DOT, ECE or Snell.
What benefits should a helmet have?
- The helmet should have a good and flexible warranty.
- The liner of the helmet must be removable and washable.
- The helmet should have a strong and durable exterior to decrease the severity of head injuries that might be sustained during racing or riding.
Pricing and Purchasing Details
The price of VFX-W Helmet Grant – 2 is a bit on the higher side when it is compared to its competitors. However, owing to the fact that the product offers an abandon of extra features, the helmet has great value for the extra money that one pays during purchase.
Presenting The Product
The all new Shoei VFX-W Helmet- Grant 2 is all every biker has always wished for! The helmet consists of a unique technology and makes sure that your ride is a safe one. The product gives the best performance and comfort during a ride. It keeps you incredibly safe and sound during the course of the ride and makes sure that there is cooling ventilation in the product. The product is also designed so that it fits whoever is wearing it perfectly but also doesn’t restrain or suffocate them at the same time. The product is said to be one of the best in its kind and is set to be the bikers’ favorite from all over the world!
- Brand: Shoei
- Model: 0145-8803-07
- Product Weight: 20 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 11 x 11.8 inches
- Manufacturer Part Number: 0145-8803-07
Features and Benefits
- The product consists of five liners sizes and four shells make them be able to fit almost all head sizes perfectly.
- Rear vents and front vents with an outlet on the neck make sure that there is full ventilation throughout.
- The product comes with a cheek pad which can be customized so that each rider can be comfortable while wearing the helmet.
- The all new chin strap makes it not flap with the wind like the most helmets do.
- The product is lightweight and has a matrix plus shell as well.
- The product has a 3D Max-dry removable liner.
- The product shape is sleek which helps with the airflow throughout.
- The product comes with a protective gear.
- The product weighs 20 pounds.
- The product is best suitable for dirt bikes.
- The product is built with AIM technology.
- The fiberglass is combined with organic fiber which practically makes its indestructible and the fiber can only be cut through laser.
- The product also has a very sleek mouthpiece.
- The product also consists of emergency quick release systems for situations of distress while biking.
- The product comes with a 5-year warranty.
Pros & Cons
- Most reviews regarding the product throughout different websites are extremely positive and people are happy with the quality and the performance of the product. The product seems to have been very durable and of high quality which provides safety to the ones who use it occasionally or on regular basis.
- The average Amazon rating of this product is a perfect 5 stars with two customer reviews.
- The problem for most people seems to have been the weight for some but that is solved as well as the product is highly adjustable. The product can also be a little complicated to set up that is easily solvable with the tutorials present on multiple websites.
- The ratings for this product on sites like Amazon or GSM Arena have been a perfect 5 stars.
If this helmet is a tad on the expensive side for a few customers, or isn’t suitable for those people with specific desires, there exist a plethora of other choices that one can choose from.
Alternative Choice #1: L2S Arrow
The L2S Arrow is a full-face moto helmet created by the engineers of L2S in Spain. It has a premium design with a wide range of features and benefits that make it a great purchase for off-road racers and riders such as emergency release cheek pads, an extra tall eye port for greater vision when tucked in, an optically sound 3 mm thick race shield, etc. The helmet has an average rating of 4 out of 5 on Amazon. The product is an affordable yet very safe option for those who cannot afford premium helmets and is highly recommended.Check Lowest Price
Alternative Choice #2: Pilot Motosport ST-17
Pilot Motosport ST-17 is a full-face helmet launched for motorcycle riders and racers in the off-road. The product can serve to be a great option for new, up and coming racers who can’t afford the higher brands of helmets. Regardless of its inexpensive and low price when compared to other helmets, the ST-17 ensures that no compromises are made with the safety of each customer. It has been designed with several features such as a Venturi Intake and Exhaust system for comfortable breathing, a high strength ABS shell, etc. It has received DOT FMVSS 218 certification and is a highly recommended product.Check Lowest Price
Alternative Choice #3: L2S Strobe
L2S Strobe, by L2S Helmets is a solid modular moto helmet with a fitted sunshield. The product is available in numerous other sizes and colours and is an excellent option for motocross racers as it has a wide range of premium and unique features such as a composite helmet shell that is aerodynamic and cuts through the wind, adjustable flow-through ventilation, a fully removable liner, etc. The product has a light weight and warranty can be requested from customer service.Check Lowest Price
Most biker helmets have poor ventilation, are not adjustable and do not fix most head sizes and people often hassle and get confused as to which product is the best and which one to buy but this product solves all of those issues in just a single tough. This is by far the best of its kind and is not the one to disappoint. The product is surely upping the game and making some well-deserved headlines. It also has the looks and is surely the one helmet all bikers would want to have on their shelves.Back to best helmets review